Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Using the Internet

When I think of the Internet and its uses, I think of entertainment, politics, news and shopping.  I think of facebook first, of course as I am always on it.  I also think of the many sites used for entertainment purposes, such as listening and downloading music, to watching missed TV episodes. 

There are many websites for news and politics as well, which I like to look through, because some sites like cnn.com allow readers to post their own thoughts on topics and allow others to respond to them.  These are always interesting to me, I can see exactly what others think because their identity has been withheld, so they feel comfortable enough to share their inner most thoughts. 

There are many websites to shop for things online, of my favorites, Amazon is top.  There are so many things you can buy other than just books and music which I had never realized until my brother bought his very first iron.  Since then, I go on to find old books, music, shoes, clothes and purses. 

There are many advantages, you can shop in the comfort of your own home, you can connect with friends and family all over the world which can be much easier than using your phone.  You have direct access to local and national news which is constantly being updated and you can hear about things before it hits the air.  With advantages, always come disadvantages.  There are always many people posting fictional information about themselves, and worse, other people.  It allows for a lot of people to give their actual feelings on issues and people and for the most part get away with it.  People can post just about anything on the Internet.  There are a lot of sites like craigslit.com which can be of great use for some people, and others take the opportunity and take advantage of the site.  Sometimes systems go down and go under maintenance, and other times, there are too many things out there which young people see which they shouldn't. 

No comments:

Post a Comment