Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Post One

When "surfing the net," as I have always heard people say, I am not very creative in finding fun and new websites.  However, I was able to finally visit the website flickr.com!  I have heard of it before, have even seen a link to follow and I never have.  I went on and took the tour they offer and fell in love!  I love photography, and although I must admit, I am no photographer, I marvel at the art and worship those we can create a masterpiece simply by seeing the world differently through a lens. I had some fun with the site and shared it with my sister-in-law and she too fell in love! I'm sure most have been to it, and may even have accounts set up, but for those who have yet to try, now is the time!  The pictures people take and post are beautiful!!

In thinking about this past weeks reading, I have learned the many, and I do mean many websites for EVERY occasion.  I have always struggled with finding websites for research papers and for government and what not.  But the special section covered a wide variety of sites for every purpose.  Although I am not very technologically advanced, I am able to navigate my way through search engines to the best of my ability...which isn't great. 

I still wonder how it is that people can keep up with all the new and exciting websites available at our disposal!  Prior to this class I did not realize the amount of great search engines and cool sites I could visit! This chapter is full of them, and so how would I go about finding more as laid out in the text?  Had I not taken this class or read this chapter, how else would I be aware of these things?  I don't think I would have known about such sites unless someone physically showed them to me. 

Quiz contribution:
         When using a search engine, to make your search a success, what symbol would you use in order to find variations of words?

No comments:

Post a Comment